Wednesday 14 August 2013

Family

Ironically, this is a very apt first choice to add with my eldest off to University in a couple of weeks.


Once I held you in my arms
And dreamed a world for you
Now you have independence
But you need guidance too

Different stages, different needs
Each day a letting go
This life we share together
Still has it’s highs as well as lows

A family is important
No judgements will I make
A niche to be yourself
This promise I will not break

Our dreams are still entwined
Unconditional love can be found
Our blood binds us together
This is the thread that makes us bound 


©Shaz Goodwin

Although I wrote this poem many years ago, I can't help thinking of Carole Matthews With Love at Christmas.  You can read my review here.



2 comments:

Linn B Halton and Lucy Coleman said...

This poem brought a tear to my eye...love it!

Shaz Goodwin said...

Thank you Linn.

Post a Comment